It is the policy of SCR Mining and Tunnelling to conduct its operations in a manner that is environmentally responsible. In accordance with this policy, SCR Mining and Tunnelling complies with all environmental laws and manages all phases of its business in a manner that minimizes the impact of its operations on the environment.
SCR Mining and Tunnelling recognizes the importance of environmental compliance and protection as it pertains to our employees, our customers and the communities in which we operate. In support of its commitment, SCR Mining and Tunnelling will:
- Strive to meet or exceed the requirements of all applicable legislation and other requirements to which it subscribes.
- Prevent, control and reduce releases of toxic materials into the environment.
- Correct in a timely manner, problem situations which could not be prevented.
- Deal with suppliers who seek to minimize their environmental impacts, whenever feasible.
- Participate with governments, businesses, the public and relevant interest groups to advance environmental protection.
- Communicate its environmental initiatives and performance to stakeholders on a regular basis.
- Ensure its employees adhere to this policy and understand their responsibilities in putting it into practice.
- Compliance with this policy is every employee’s responsibility. SCR Mining and Tunnelling L.P. shall promote a workplace in which all employees comply with the applicable environmental laws, regulations, and procedures.
- All incidents related to environmental issues and infractions must be reported.
- SCR Mining and Tunnelling L.P. will periodically review its environmental policy to ensure its suitability, as well as ensure continuous improvement in the organization’s environmental practices and procedures.
- SCR Mining and Tunnelling L.P. encourages recycling, recovery and reuse of residual materials as well as an emphasis on waste reduction.